I really enjoyed the idea of sit spots in today's class as this was something that I hadn’t heard of before. I am a really big fan of connecting with nature, especially with how deeply ingrained technology is in today's world. It feels like often times we can live entirely in our heads, or online, and never take any time to really feel like we are a part of the physical world. Getting the chance to sit in class and sketch – also something I really haven’t done before – was a real treat, and made me appreciate the difference in mood and happiness that just taking a couple minutes to truly notice your surroundings can make. I want to see how I can try and incorporate this into my own pedagogy to give my students these same benefits, and if this is not possible, I definitely want to continue doing it for myself.
I was also intrigued by our conversation towards the end of class about the role that reflection plays in our pedagogies, and how we can build it into our day. Especially with how busy our lives are currently (and undoubtedly will be when we are teaching), it’s so important to find these little times to fit in reflection so that we can continually better ourselves. I really liked when some groups mentioned incorporating it into something that was already part of your routine (such as on the drive home/to work) because this seemed really practical. I also liked the idea of having a small notepad/way of taking quick notes as you go throughout the day to ensure you can recall everything that happened, and then spending more time properly debriefing it later, possibly over dinner that night or to avoid doomscrolling! I will definitely be considering what spaces I have in my routine to try and incorporate this.
No comments:
Post a Comment